Free SEO Analysis
Content Marketing Services
Link Building Services
Free PPC Analysis
Free Reputation Management Analysis
Free Social Media Analysis
Free Website Analysis
Web Design Services
Website Maintenance Services
Free Marketing Automation Analysis
Specialized Marketing Automation Services
Comprehensive Marketing Automation
Request a quote
Its Fast, Easy & Free
Quality content is crucial for every kind of business. Hence, it’s the reason why digital marketers strive hard to provide it at all times.
According to Hubspot.com, producing high-quality content is beneficial because it helps you connect to your audience. You will be able to build trust with your customers and at the same time, engage with them. For sure, at some point, it will generate leads. In today’s digital world, customers have come to expect continuous high-quality content from their favorite companies.
Every digital marketer needs some kind of tool to ease the process of coming up with quality content. Using the right content creation tools can help boost your user engagement. In no time, it can boost your business as well.
This article aims to share with you the 45 content creation tools that can help level up your social media marketing game. Our list of content creation tools has been categorized according to their main function. These functions are as follows: • Research and Planning • Content Creation and Management • Content Curation • Writing • Analytics • Lead Generation • Graphics • Security • Monitoring and Sharing Let’s begin.
Planning your content is an effective way to achieve your goals. It gets you to examine and understand the reasons why you need to come up with a particular kind of content. Planning also helps you save a lot of time. When it comes to digital marketing, time is of the essence.
Planning and research go hand-in-hand. If you want quality content you need to plan and do some research. There’s just no shortcut to quality content. Below are some research and planning tools that can help you come up with quality content:
1. SEMrush is a powerful research tool that you can use to plan your content. While it is known to be a tool for SEO, mere mortals like you and me can use it as well. You don’t have to be an SEO to appreciate this particular tool. If you think it’s hard to use, it’s not. It’s very easy to search for top keywords using this particular tool. You just have to type in a keyword or in some cases, keywords to see how they fare online. Knowing which keywords are ranking can help you decipher the kind of topics to write about. Guess what? You can even use SEMrush to see which keywords your competitors are using. So, that gives you a pretty good advantage, right? SEMrush can also show you the most asked questions related to your niche. Although it’s a pretty pricey tool, you’ll get data-driven insights to help you plan your content.
2. Answer The Public also known as ATP is referred to as a reverse search engine. So, it’s not like a traditional search engine where you get answers based on the keywords you typed in. With ATP, you get questions related to your query. So, you get a good idea as to what your target audience is thinking about since you can see what their most common questions are about a certain topic. ATP is a pretty easy tool to use and you can try it out for free. Visit their website and type in a keyword on the search bar. Click on the yellow Search tab and then scroll down to see the questions arranged in what they call a search cloud. The questions that have the darkest green-colored dots are the most asked questions. You can use these questions to plan out your content. It’s also worth knowing that you can only type in five sets of keywords a day if you want to use their service for free.
3. Ubersuggest is another keyword research tool that you can consider using to plan your content. Just like SEMrush, Ubersuggest provides keyword ideas based on search volume. Each keyword idea has a Search Results box that you can click on to see which websites use that particular keyword. Ubersuggest also has a section called Content Ideas. You can see this at the bottom part of the page and it shows websites that already have quality content based on the keywords you’re looking at. This gives you the option to either curate or create content based on what’s already posted on the websites. This, of course, can save you a lot of time since you already know what kind of content is working. Although you can use Ubersuggest for free, you get limited number of keyword results. You would have to upgrade to see more keywords. Nonetheless, it’s still a great research tool to plan your content.
4. Keywords Everywhere is a browser add-on. So, you can use it as an add-on on Firefox and an extension on Chrome. Best of all, it works well with social media platforms. For example, if you’re on Instagram, valuable metrics will appear on your screen. There’s no need for you to visit another website to conduct your research. You can do it right there on Instagram. Keyword Everywhere also has a lot of useful features to get search volume, backlinks, and traffic metrics. Although Keywords Everywhere was once free, you would now have to pay for it. It goes by credits, meaning one credit is equivalent to one keyword.
5. Google Trends is another research tool, specifically a data exploration tool. As the name suggests, it’s used to see what’s trending online. This lesser-known Google tool will give you an idea as to what people are interested in, what they’re searching for, and what they’re talking about. Hence, it provides a better understanding of what consumers are interested in and curious about in real-time. Another interesting thing about this tool is that you can see how a topic is peaking or diminishing at a particular time. So, with Google Trends, you can capitalize on what’s trending and at the same time, plan your content calendar.
After some thorough planning and research, you’re all set to create content. Of course, there’s a variety of content that you can create but whether it’s written, graphics, or video, you would need a couple of tools to help you out. Now, content creation does not end once you’re done with it. You need to manage your content to ensure it is always visible to your audience. Below are some content creation and management tools that can help you.
6. BuzzSumo is a web-based content creation and management tool. You can use it to find popular content on social media platforms. Its powerful social search engine detects the most popular post for a particular topic, author, or domain; providing users data-driven insights on the types of content that resonate with their audience. So, if you’re looking for an easy way to analyze trending content, then BuzzSumo is for you. You can also use it to receive alerts based on keywords, brand names, URLs, author names, and domain names. BuzzSumo is also an excellent tool for finding influencers and if you want to learn about your competitors, BuzzSumo will track and evaluate them for you. It comes with a limited free plan but if you want to experience all its features, you would have to upgrade.
7. Revive Old Post is a Wordpress plugin that will do exactly what it says, revive your old posts. When you install it, it’s going to go through your old, forgotten posts and it will post them automatically for you on social media platforms. This particular plugin is perfect if you don’t have much time to revisit and promote your old posts. Best of all, it brings back your old content to life. Why let it go to waste in the first place, right? You can partner it up with Revive Old Posts to add hashtags. It will fetch your old hashtags from the categories and tags of your post. You can use this plugin for free but you can always go premium if you want to unlock all its features.
8. Tailwind is a CSS framework. So, it focuses more on style than functionality. It provides all the styling techniques to make your content look good. This tool is perfect for content creation on Instagram and Pinterest. It will also schedule your posts and automatically posts them for you. You can also join Tailwind Communities to connect with other marketers. Tailwind has a free plan that you can try out.
9. Typeform can provide a different style of content. Typeform is a form generation software and it comes with some colorful graphics. Aside from its cool and fun interface, Typeform can help you ask engaging questions on social media. You can also use it to create surveys. Typefrom will make it easy for you to collect and share information with your audience. You can use it for free but it does offer premium plans.
10. Anchor is a great tool if you create podcasts. It can help you distribute your podcasts easily. Anchor can spare you the tediousness of setting up all the feeds to go to the different services. You just have to upload your MP3 file directly to Anchor and it sends out to the various services you have selected. Although Anchor is owned by Spotify, it works well with other services. The best part of Anchor is that it’s free.
Curation is another great way to create content. It allows you to assemble related content from a particular point of view with the goal of enlightening or changing the perception or understanding of your readers. To curate content means you would have to scour the internet for the most explosive ideas surrounding a certain topic. Then you would have to put them all together and add more value to it for your audience to appreciate it. That could be a pretty tedious process.
So why make it hard for yourself when you can use some tools to curate content? The tools below can help you do just that.
11. Hootsuite is a social media management system. It can help you monitor all your social media platforms. It tracks trends so that you can curate, schedule, and publish content people love to see. With Hootsuite, you can post to more than one place at the same time. It offers various paid plans that come with a 14-day free trial.
12. Oktopost is another social media management and content curation system. Just like Hootsuite, it allows you to create content and post it on various social media networks. You can manage your campaigns, groups, and posts right within the dashboard. Oktopost is not free but you can avail of their Solo plan for $9/month that will allow you an unlimited number of posts on your social media accounts.
13. Buffer is a powerful tool that allows you to manage multiple social media accounts from a single location. It measures your social media performance and at the same time, allows you to plan and publish content. You can also engage with your customers easily since Buffer will show you the most important comments to respond to. With Buffer, posts of any kind can be scheduled on any platform. The best part is that you can utilize the follow-up feature to look back at previous postings and see which ones were the most productive and why. It offers a free plan that’s limited to only three channels.
14. Sniply allows you to add your own message to another website. It also connects with Facebook, Hootsuite, Twitter, and Buffer. It also comes with Chrome extension. It’s also worth noting that Sniply also snips URLs, making them shorter and look neater. In that aspect, it works like Bitly. The best thing about Sniply is that it adds your own CTA to other people’s land pages. As a result, your CTA is included in a form of a button that directs the reader to your website. This will enable you to generate free leads on your social media. With the free account, you can create an unlimited number of CTAs. Nonetheless, you would have to upgrade to a paid account to experience all its awesome features.
15. MeetEdgar can easily help you recycle your evergreen content. After that, it can also help you post it on your social media networks. With MeetEdgar, you can use the same content to save some of your precious time. You just have to build up your content library. Then you can use the scheduling tool to post content automatically. MeetEdgar is more focused on taking a library of social media and scheduling it to add to your social media queue. That way, you don’t have to worry about what’s going out on your current content. MeetEdgar offers a 7-day free plan. At the same time, it offers two paid plans; one for individual use and the other for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Quality written content is devoid of any kind of grammar errors. After all, proper grammar is required for credibility, readability, and clarity. A single grammatical mistake can ruin the credibility of your content and your business as well.
This doesn’t mean that you’d have to enroll in a short class to enhance your writing skills. Of course, you can always do so but would you really have the time for it? Below are some writing tools that can level up your writing skills:
16. Grammarly is a spelling and grammar checker. It can be integrated with Word, so, obviously, it’s compatible with Windows. It also comes with a Chrome plugin. This means that it can check your content each time you’re online. For example, it will check it each time you’re posting on Facebook or any kind of social media platform. It will also check for some errors if you’re writing an email. Grammarly checks your writing by underlining words that could have been misspelled or used incorrectly. You won’t miss the errors since they’re underlined in red. The best thing about Grammarly is that it provides suggested words and phrases so that you don’t have to think about how to correct your mistakes. It’s just like having an editor to help you out. Grammarly comes with a free account but if you want premium editing services; you’d upgrade your account.
17. ProWritingAid is another writing tool you can use. It comes with a web editor that you can access from any computer. You can also integrate it with Word, Outlook, Safari, Firefox, and Google Docs. Another great thing about ProWritingAid is that it comes with a host of interesting stats that measure your written content in terms of readability, overused words, sentence structure, writing style, grammar and spelling, sticky sentences, dialogue, pacing, transitions, repeated phrases, cliches and redundancies, and consistency. In other words, it provides an in-depth analysis of your written content. It also provides quick fixes to enhance your content. While it does offer a free plan, it can only review 500 words.
18. WhiteSmoke is another grammar checker software that you can use to enhance your writing skills. It reviews and proofreads text for errors in spelling, punctuations, style, and structure. It also has a built-in translator and provides templates for your written content. You can use WhiteSmoke as long as you are connected to the internet. However, you’d have to pay a premium to have more than 250 characters checked. Now, if you don’t mind paying, go ahead and use it. It works well with any operating system.
19. Copyscape is a plagiarism checker tool that you can use to check your finished content. If you have been writing online for the past gazillion years, you’re most likely to end up copying content from another website. Even if you don’t do it on purpose, it could happen since you’re using the same old keywords that everybody else is using. So be very careful because the last thing you need is copied content. Copyscape can help you escape from unintentional plagiarism. You just have to paste your content on the software and click on the Search tab. In just a few seconds, Copyscape will check the entire internet for copied content. In case it does pick up some copied content, it will show the websites where the content is coming from. That will make it very easy for you to redo your content. Copyscape is not free at all but it’s worth it. For just a couple of cents per content check, you can have peace of mind that your content is free of plagiarism.
20. Yoast SEO is a WordPress plugin that can help optimize the on-page SEO of your website. So, if you’re using WordPress, this is a must to have since it analyzes your content for SEO. It also comes with a readability analysis that scores your content using the Flesch reading scale. This feature comes in very handy especially if you want your content to have a high readability score among your audience. Yoast SEO provides a live checklist for both SEO and readability. You will be able to edit your content easily so long as you follow the checklist. After each edit, the live checklist will update accordingly. That way, you’ll know that you did the right thing. You can use it for free but you can also sign up for their Yoast SEO Premium.
Analytics tools are crucial in digital marketing. These tools provide extensive data to get ahead of your social media game. Insights gained through the use of analytic tools are more effective. They are more data-driven and hence, more reliable.
Using the appropriate analytics tool for your content can help you reach your goals and at the same time, make some improvements. That way, you boost the performance of your content. Below are some analytics tools that you can use:
21. Facebook Analytics provides comprehensive insights into the performance of your posts. It shows Actions on Page, Page Views, Page Previews, Page Likes, Post reach, Story reach, Recommendations, and Post Engagement; to mention a few. Hence, you can learn a lot about your audience and which posts are doing very well. You can also use it to identify the perfect time to post your content since it will provide data as to when your audience is online.
22. Agora Pulse is an amazing analytics tool that can save you a lot of time. It customizes your reports, making it very easy for you to provide monthly reports to your clients. It also makes it easy for you to do competition comparisons, which in turn, will allow you to see what’s working and where you can make improvements in the future. Agora Pulse is quite pricey but it does offer a free account that comes with three social profiles.
23. Kissmetrics is a robust tool that provides all the key features of web analytics software. Its newest feature is the engagement metrics that will really help you get to know your clients. It paints a clear picture of how your visitors interact on your website and gathers in-depth data on their activity. Unfortunately, it does not come with a free plan.
24. Tableau is another powerful analytics software that can help you make smarter decisions. The software easily helps you access, see, and analyze data. Its drag-and-drop feature easily allows you to see trends and deviations. It provides in-depth insights into the performance of your paid social ads. You can try it out the software for free.
25. Supermetrics provides an insane amount of data that will help identify which metrics are working and which ones aren’t. You can easily make adjustments to make things work. It appears as a sidebar on your screen for you to easily access data. You can use Supermetrics for free for 14 days.
Lead generation tools can help you to create awesome lead capture forms and high-quality landing pages on your website. They are very effective tools that can entice your audience to sign up for an ebook, a newsletter, a demo, or a sales call, which, of course, can eventually lead to a ton of sales at the end of the day.
Below are lead generation tools that can help you out in the process:
26. Audiense Insights is a Facebook tool that allows you to define your audiences seamlessly. It searches millions of profiles for you to get the right audience. Then it shows you how they are connected and where they’re from. Such valuable data will help you build better relationships with your audience.
27. LeadPages is a stand-alone website that allows you to create landing pages. It offers drag-and-drop templates to make it easy for you to create landing pages. This works really well if you don’t have a website and you still want to reach out to a bigger audience. You can start with a free trial but you would have to sign up for a paid plan to explore the premium features.
28. OptinMonster can help you grow your email subscriber list easily, providing you with more potential customers. You can easily craft beautiful lead capture forms and pop ups that can entice your visitors to sign up. OptinMonster can easily help you turn your website visitors into subscribers. It offers four paid plans that you can look into.
29. MailChimp can be also used as a powerful lead generation tool since it allows you to create automated lead campaigns and sign-up forms. Mailchimp makes it easy to automate emails as well. It also provides you with an analytics dashboard that shows you how many recipients have opened your email. You can access a variety of templates for all your campaigns. MailChimp is very easy to integrate into WordPress. You can use it for free with the limitation of two thousand contacts and ten thousand sends a month. If you’re just starting out, this is a practical option.
30. MobileMonkey is an advanced chatbot builder software. It provides a top-of-funnel lead generation method for you to reach and message your customers. It allows you to send a chat blast to thousands of Facebook Messenger contacts in less than five minutes. MobileMonkey is very popular since it’s free to use.
A plain, wordy content can turn your audience off. No matter how informative it is, it can be downright boring without visuals. Besides, who wants to read? People want to see photos and watch videos. Why do you think social media platforms are very popular, right?
Visual tools are critical to your social media management strategy. Below are some of them for you to look into:
31. Canva is a very popular visual tool that almost everybody uses. As a matter of fact, even non-digital marketers find Canva very useful. The reason for that is because it’s designed for non-designers. So, if you have no graphic design background and you want to make epic visuals, then Canva is for you. It offers a lot of cool templates for presentations, social media platforms, ebooks, and videos; to mention a few. It will be pretty easy to enchant your audience with it. The good news is that a free Canva account can get you pretty far.
32. Bannersnack allows you to create powerful HTML5 ads for your Google ads and shareable visuals for social media platforms. You can easily make eye-catching display banners even without any kind of design capabilities and knowledge of HTML. With the Bannersnack free plan, you can only create ten designs at the most.
33. Venngage provides attention-grabbing templates for infographics, whitepapers, presentations, posters, flyers, roadmaps, diagrams, certificates, and coupons; to mention a few. It helps you visualize data for more compelling content. You can sign up for free but their paid plans offer more features.
34. Animaker is a video creation platform that helps you create engaging cartoon-style videos for your social media marketing. It’s a web-based platform. You can sign up with any of their paid plans.
35. Giphy is a web-based app that makes it easy for you to create your own GIF. All you have to do is to upload a photo and adjust some settings. After a few seconds, it will create your very own GIF that you can easily upload and share on any social media platform. The best part about it is that it’s free to use.
Your content is precious. Protect it from dubious cyberpunks who are dying to access your data on various platforms. Don’t think for one minute that you can never be a victim of any kind of internet attack because you can be.
As a matter of fact, anybody can be a victim and that’s the reason why security tools are crucial in content creation. Check out the security tools we have for you below:
36. ZeroFOX prevents hackers from taking over your social media accounts. It goes deep down in the dark web to check for any compromised credentials. ZeroFOX also deletes offensive content and prevents impersonation profiles that could damage your brand. Not only are your data safe with ZeroFOX, so is your reputation.
For comprehensive reputation management services, you can click here to learn more.
37. HTTPS Everywhere is a security extension that you can install in your browser. It enforces encrypted HTTPS traffic to protect your data. It does that by encrypting your communication with any of the websites you visit. HTTPS Everywhere also validates the URL and ensures a secure connection. You can add this security extension for free.
38. LogDog alerts you as soon as your accounts are compromised. It detects any kind of suspicious activities such as identity theft. It comes with a Detective Report that scores the security of your accounts. LogDog is a mobile app that you can download from the Google Play Store. You can download it for free.
39. LastPass is a password management solution. You can use it on your laptop, PC, tablet, or phone. It gives you easy and secure access to every account you own, keeping your data safe. LastPass uses AES 256-bit encryption, which provides layers of protection for your data. The three plans it offers are Free, Premium, and Families.
40. 1Password is both a desktop and mobile app. It’s a password manager that helps you create strong passwords and keeps them safe in a secure vault, which you can only access with one master password. So, you pretty much just have to remember one password as the name suggests. It does not offer any free plan but you can try it out for free for 30 days.
It's important to have a monitoring tool to help your brand achieve its goals. You will know what people are saying about your brand. At the same time, a monitoring tool will search for things that matter to you since it allows you to track content, subjects, and topics that people are searching for on search engines and social media platforms.
On the other hand, a sharing tool can boost the visibility of your content. This, of course, is good for your brand. These tools are critical to boost and protect your content. Below are some monitoring and sharing tools that you can consider:
41. eClincher is a web-based solution for effectively managing your social media presence. It monitors conversations, mentions, and hashtags related to your brand and to your competitor’s brand as well. It comes with three paid plans all of which offer a free trial.
42. Sprout Social boasts of a feature called Sprout Queue where it analyzes every single profile. Then it will post content on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google, and Facebook at a time when your profile is most viewed. Sprout Social offers a 30-day free trial.
43. FanBooster is another social monitoring tool that can help you analyze and compare the performance of your brand with your competitors. It boasts of a feature called FanBooster ads. This is a powerful way to do Facebook marketing since it will monitor your ads. FanBooster works on every device. Unfortunately, it does not offer a free plan.
44. SocialBakers makes it very easy for you to manage your social media profiles. It’s a pretty straightforward tool to use to monitor your content. You get a full view of everything that has to do with your brand, making it easy for you to capture exactly what you’re interested in. It comes with a paid plan. You also have the option to customize your plan.
45. Extole allows you to easily share expressions about your brand. When you do so, it also allows you to capture the expressions and actions of your customers. You can turn them into viral stories to boost product awareness and of course, engagement. This is the tool to use if your objective is to grow your brand. Unfortunately, the pricing of Extole is not available. You would have to request a demo.
These are the 45 content creation tools that you can consider using to level up your social media game.
Of course, you wouldn’t use all of them but there are some tools on the list that you should really add to your social media bucket. After all, creating content is no joke at all. You would need all the help you can get to come up with some quality content.
While these tools are great to consider, you’d have to learn how to navigate them. Another important consideration when using these tools is cost. So, if you want to do away with the stress that comes with choosing the right content creation tool, you can always opt for human intervention.
Digital Marketing Agency offers Social Media Optimization Services. It also offers Specialised Social Services which include Influencer Marketing and Crisis Management. You can also get a free social media analysis. All of which will definitely help level up your social media marketing game.
So, are you interested to learn more about our services? You can call us now. We’d love to hear from you.
Our Sales team
INDIANA, UNITED STATES
FLORIDA, UNITED STATES
NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES
TRUSTED BY THE BEST CLIENTELE LIST: